Saturday, August 22, 2009

After All The Things We've Been Through

Defining a friendship is something that I believe develops when you grow up. You begin to realize the value of friendships in your life and what they mean to you. In a previous post I talked about how there's certain friends in life that you tell things to based on their reaction or availability. It's about choosing who you want to be up-to-date with your life at hand. I've always believed that everyone has certain friends for different reasons whether it be they share common hobbies or have the same interests, there's always a common ground. For example in my life, I have friends who I can solely converse through texting, others who all we do is go out to eat or for coffee, while others help me do more physical and adventurous things in life. I guess I'm just trying to say is that we all have friends for different reasons and for different outlets in our lives. It's easy to define a friendship based on what that person is to you. But the problem occurs when you realize that person can no longer be labeled with the definition you've found for them. It begins to make me wonder whether I truly was able to define that person in my life. It's difficult to witness a demotion of a friend on a friendship ladder but sometimes it's necessary and even temporary. It makes me wonder whether I should hold on to what they were in my life before or try to re-discover what they could be. It's a difficult situation but it occurs when life happens, and that's inevitable.

No comments: