Friday, January 1, 2010

The End of a Decade

2009 has finally come to an end. A fast yet very interesting 12 months. I feel as if every 4 months brought about a different challenge I had to face. They were not easy, but after all is said and done, I honestly can say I've grown so much from it all. And that's what I think this year has been about - growing up. But I couldn't have made it without certain people in my life.

Thank you Roshni for all the Skype talks and making me feel as if we're together even though we're at different UBC campuses. Thank you Alexa for believing in me and making me realize distance isn't a barrier. Thank you Ria for your random adventures and being down to see Estelle and En Vogue twice. Also, thank you for believing in the dream. Thank you Josh for allowing me to cross things off my summer list and sharing a love for Mrs. Field's cookies with me. Thank you Michelle for your constant laughter and working in a booth for me to stop by and catch up after class. Thank you Alden for anti-tunnel vision talks. Thank you Maria for believing that there's someone out there better than him for me. Thank you Melissa for sharing your love of nachoes and flaming hot crunchy cheetos with me. Thank you Marianne for making working at the ON fun. Thank you Joanna for our talks at Moxie's while you enjoy your white chocolate brownie as I enjoy my banana cream xango. Thank you Paola for just being around and sharing your wild stories. Thank you Juan for showing me the ropes and starting podcasts. Thank you Anto for all the talks, coffee sessions, adventures and drinking nights. But most importantly, thank you for showing me that we don't need douchebags in our lives. Thank you Jeanette for always caring. Thank you Cristina for life lessons and the ukulele. Thank you Chris for your constant laughter and lifting spirit. Always fun to be around unless you're cranky, but hey we all have our bad days. Thanks for the support and encouragement. Thank you Vince for being tech savy and putting up with my slow-ness. Thank you Mom & Dad for absolutely everything, this year especially. Thank you for letting me be, allowing me to take an opportunity, putting my needs before yours, making me happy even though it meant letting me go and making it your goal that I receive an education. Thank you.

2009. It was a good year. There were tests and challenges but rewards and opportunity. I don't know why but I'm hopeful for 2010. There's something about it that makes me want to say it's "my year". I can only hope that the upcoming year will be exseptional. I have a new perspective, new outlook, new way of thinking.. And hopefully it just leads me to where I want to be. Forward in life, growing up.

No comments: