Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day One

Bags packed. Boxes sealed. I never thought this day would come. I said my farewells and goodbyes, but it never really "hit" me entirely. I woke up early morning realizing, no longer will I awake to the comforts of my own bed, my purple room, my own bathroom or even this home. Today was about change. A journey I was about to embark. I knew I had to somehow just figure it out all on my own, because apparently that's what happens when you grow up. The drive up was quiet with a silence broken by re-occurring thoughts of worst case scenarios, money, classes, roommates, and friends. There were so many questions un-answered, but I know they'll slowly unfold before me. I settled in, attempted to meet new people and tried to make the most of it. The moving thing finally sunk in when my mother's emotions were uncontrollable and tears were flowing down her face. Even though we both knew it's only a "see you later", not a true goodbye, it was very difficult. I guess I left the nest and my home, and somehow I'll have to make it on my own.

No comments: